Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The rental car gods hate me!!

In my family, renting a car has become a huge joke.

You see when I was younger my dream car was a red convertible mustang. I grew up had a family and never ended up getting a convertible mustang because now I have to think about safety, insurance prices, space, etc etc, the boring crap when you become an adult.

For the last couple times the hubby had to rent a car to go on a tdy alone or my parents had to rent a car they always paid for the cheapest one but when they got there they ended up getting :




you guessed it! A red convertible mustang. They made sure they took pictures and sent it to me and talked it up how fun it was to drive with them top down and how sweet a car it is and how good taste I have. The kind of stuff that made me green with envy.

Every time I rent a car, no matter if I pay for the cheapest one or even the upgraded version I end up with either this matchbox car:




or a ford focus. Its a car that gets me from point A to point B and who cares what it is, but dang it, I do. Why can't I get lucky and get a mustang?? or just something that is a convertible so I can feel the wind blowing my hair and the sun kissing my face even if its going to be short lived?? Nope, not with my luck. The last time I rented a car I specifically paid more and asked for a convertible. I was giddy with excitement. I was going to show who is the boss and I was going to get my convertible. I get there on cloud 9 and find out there was a glitch and they gave up the convertible to someone else and after me close to tears, I accept ed defeat and took a dodge charger :(


This time I didn't even care. I just paid for the cheapest one hoping my luck would change. Yeah right, I got a dang chevy aveo sitting in my driveway. A go kart. My husband and my parents already had a few good laughs about it.

The good thing is...

I sold my car and in a little over 2 weeks, El Paso will be just a memory and I will be on my way to Virginia. That brings a smile to my face, even if I have to do it in a matchbox car!


Are you lucky in the rental car process? Have you ever gotten a sweet ride??

Love A

2 comments:

Jayna @ Yankee Drawl said...

The husband went to Germany on business. Had to rent a car to get about 2 hours from the airport - on the autobahn. He was so excited, his co-worker went a day earlier and had an awesome BMW something-or-other. He gets there and is handed the keys to . . . a minivan.

I couldn't stop laughing over that one.

And yay! East coast bound! Wheee!

Ally said...

Oh I just shed a tear for your husband. Autobahn in a minivan?? That is just cruel. lol