Friday, May 11, 2012

Joy

You know I haven't written anything in so long I should talk about the important things like *how I survived another move with 2 kids and little drama *how living down the road from my best friend is wonderful *how accounting is kicking my ass and making me debate changing my major again *Insanity I tell you* *or how my liberal arts class has made me start a blog *I could also talk about all the joys of buying a car alone with a power of attorney and how when you can negotiate an amazing deal on an awesome car with tons of cup holders, you feel really good. *I definitely could talk about how I am down almost 60lbs and have to break down and get clothes because saggy undies is just not sexy at all I could talk about so much, but honestly I am not going to bore you with the details. I am not going to talk about any of that (well I kind of just did but roll with me), I am going to talk about the joy and pure happiness of living in a place you finally enjoy. With the military and contracting now we have moved, and moved and moved. I have had way too many addresses in various parts of the country. Some were great some so so. In the military it's all about "blooming where you are planted". I have talked about this before, and honestly I tried. I really tried but I wilted. I didn't bloom. As soon as I stepped off the plane here in VA, I took a deep breath, felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I smiled. This town is amazing, there is so much to do, so many activities, everything is so close by. There is humidity and seasons, there is rain and sunshine. There is humidity. Gosh I love humidity. My skin is all soft again, my daughter got her curls back and its all good in the neighborhood. So my long drawn out point is find your happiness. If you are not happy somewhere, don't suck it up, try to figure out where you would be happy and make it happen. Works towards because some things will make you happy and some things wont and its okay and absolutely normal. Sucking up and plastering a smile on your face when you don't feel takes too much energy. I been unhappy and now I am happy and I am not going back. Love A

No comments: