Saturday, February 28, 2009

MOVIE REVIEW :)

The hubby and I have always loved watching movies. Long ago before kids, we use to go to the movies at least once a week. Heck some weeks we went 2 or 3 times. We also rented a ton of movies. That has always been our number one hobby.
Well after the kids came along, I refuse to be one of those moms that will drag my kid to watch SAW at the 10pm showing. Sorry cant do it. Not even if he will sleep through it.
So for a while we have been patiently waiting for all the good movies to rent. Well I finally stumbled on a great site that you can watch all the new releases while in theatres for great quality. This is dvd quality and they come out a day or two right after they have hit the movies. So we have been watching every single new release. We put our kids to bed (working with ds going to bed at around 8 by himself and dd is so good she just chills) and if we are not exhausted we will watch a movie.
We have seen "Marley and Me", "Taken", "Push" and "7lbs" and have a huge list of many more to see.

Lets start with "Marley and me": What a good sweet movie. I am not a major dog lover like some people, but this movie did tug at my heart. Its funny, sad and beautiful all at the same time. Scotty is the major dog lover and he loved it. Its a crier though. So make sure all your hormones are in check before you start watching it.


Taken. Awesome action movie. From beginning to end. The action actually starts right at the beginning and it keeps going. Nothing mind blowing or anything but a good action movie.

"Push". I have been so excited to watch this movie ever since I seen the previews for it. When we started watching, I was jumping around like a 2 yr old. I couldnt wait for it. Well it was a huge dissapointment. The concept of it was good but the movie itself just sucked. I was soo freaking upset. By midway movie I just wanted to shut off and go to bed but we still watched the whole thing. Dont waste your money going to theaters to watch this one. Just wait to rent it and even then, rent from redbox so you only waste a buck. Yeahh that bad.

The last one we have seen was 7lbs. That is the weird one with Will Smith. I saw the previews for it but had absolutly no clue what the movie was about. Seriouslly the previews show its a good movie but doesnt really tell you what the movie is about. I wanted to google it before we watch but decided to just watch it and be surprised. Boy I am glad I didnt google it. Dont if you dont know what the movie its about. It makes it extra special !.
This movie is 124 minutes long. Until minute 84 or so, you have no clue whats going on but still the movie keeps you captivated. The suddlenly you start to understand everything and start crying. What a beautiful touching movie. I love everything Will Smith does, but this is just wow. Definetly watch it.
I cant say much more about it or I will give the movie away, but watch it. Its a trully wonderful piece of art.

This weekend we are in between "Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Bride Wars", "Confessions of a shopaholic" and a weird movie Scotty wants to watch.
Whatever we decide to watch, I will definetly come back and udate it.

----Ally--------

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You need to email me the link for the movies Im def. wanna see it.