Wednesday, March 17, 2010
What else but my second love??
One of my goals this year was to read 100 books before Dec 31st. Well since I suck with goals and all that has been going on has put a lot on hold, I decided to just keep track of my books and talk a little about each to help others find something new to read.
So here we go, these are the books I have read so far this year:
1-Sitff: the curious life of human cadavers : Amazing book. More of a statistic book, full of facts. Not my regular reading but very interesting. I enjoyed a ton.
2. Just Breath : Another chic lit. Nothing special about it. I have already forgetten the plot ;)
3. Dead until dark : After Twilight I have been feening for a good vampire book. I was sure this was going to be it. I hear wonderful things about the show "True Blood" and everyone that I know has read this series. Well it was okay but nothing like "OMG I have to read the next one". So good,but I dont know if I will read the rest.
4. Good luck : This was an awesome book. Anyone that dreams about winning the lottery and thiks it will be all shopping and fun definetetly needs to read this book. Just a great story about a girl and everything she deals with before and after winning the lottery. Pretty cool love story in the middle of it all. I enjoyed it a ton.
5. The christmas list : I havent read this good of a book in a while. Its one of those feel good, I want to better myself, change the world kind of book. Its small easy read but easilly now classified as one of my favorite books of all time.
6. Undead and Unwed: Another attempt to recreate my Twilight love. It feel short. Boring boring boring. What saved this book was the amazing steamy hot sex scene at the end. Even that wont get me to read the others in the series.
7. Not easilly broken: Wonderful book. It starts out sad the fall of a marriage but it gets really good. Its mostly from the mans point of view about temptation and fights with his wife and etc. Pretty good book. I cant wait to see the movie.
8. Marked House of night book 1: Okay now I am getting closer to my twilight love. This was very interesting. Teens, drama, vampyres and the characters sucked me in right away. I am anxious waiting the next one in the series. So jackpot :)
9. Big girls: Extremelly disturbing book. This book is set in a womans prison. It goes back and forth between the main psych doc and the woman there for killing her kids. I still hate her for what she did but can now understand why. fucked up isnt it?? urghgh no more disturbing reading for a while. This really bugged me.
10. Love the one you are with : Everyone that had a relationship that didnt work or wanders "what if?" with that guy from the past needs to read this book. One of my favorites now by Emily Griffin. Trully wonderful books. Kept me up until 4am because I just had to know how it was going to end, and it ended just perfectly. I wouldnt change a thing. Definetetly a must read.
So that is it so far. Ending the third month of the year and I have only read 10. Its all good :)
Posted by Ally