Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patty's day.....




A couple weeks ago I made a mental note to buy something green. This past year I have tried to move on from wearing red or black with jeans and actually purchase more color for my wardrobe. Slowly but not fast enough I am getting there. Sadly, I dont have anything green. I have some black shirts with a little bit of green, but a full green shirt?? Nope and God only knows where that mental note went. Maybe replaced by more important matters, like shave your legs before your husband gets home. Who knows??

Tyty wore green to school today, Juliet is wearing green today and so is dh. Yep he got this bright green shirt. Dh usually is a dark browns/blues kind of guy but every once in a while he will purchase a bright orange/yellow shirt that catches his eye. I personally think they are ridiculous, but hey pick your battles right?? I just walk a couple of steps behind him ;)

So anyways my mental note slipped my mind and even though I love St Patrick's Day (whats not to love about Irish culture?? Green beer, shamrocks and gorgeous Ireland that I have google traveled many times..) but Irish culture also has given me Irish proverbs/blessings and I love this little couple of lines of wisdom. They are so sweet, short, easy to understand, and more than not, some of these blessings are hilarious. So without further ado, even though I am wearing red today, here are my favorite Irish blessings/Proverbs...


Always remember to forget
The troubles that passed away.
But never forget to remember
The blessings that come each day


As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point in the wrong direction.


May your glass be ever full.
May the roof over your head be always strong.
And may you be in heaven
half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.


May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.



Happy St Patrick's day everyone =)

Love Ally

No comments: