Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shoplifting ...

is not something I thought I would do. But I did.. :o

See everything has a funny story behind, and this is no different. I was woken up at 6:30 by ds on a saturday morning. No one deserves that. So I went to the gym with my friend at 9, did 1 hr of cardio (that absolutely killed me), then I changed, headed over to Barnes and noble, made a pit stop at Starbucks. I didnt even want to go but I been promising ds I would take him to story time and when you make a promise to a 4 year old, you better keep it or you will never hear the end of it. Well we were walking around killing time and suddenly I smell the most awful smell ever. No it cant be. DD is on a schedule, this is out of schedule. So I drag both kids to the car to look for a lost diaper. Praying the whole time there is one. Look all over finally in the trunk there is 1. Thank God!
I know I know, should carry a diaper bag at all time. Usually I have one in the car but my last one broke and with everything else just havent gotten around to getting a new one.

So back to the story, all ghetto, I open the trunk while ds is right there and proceed to change Juliet, as I am halfway to changing her, I notice she has a toy in her hand. A toy I dont recognize. Ohh shit and of course there is a security guard coming out of Barnes and noble. I quickly put a new diaper on her, fix her pants, the security guard arrives and I apologize profoundly for "shoplifting" and explain what happened and that I was going to go back for story time. Just came outside for a quick diaper change. He gives me a look, extends his hand, I hand him the toy, and he turns on his heel as walks back inside without saying a word. I follow him inside and he doesnt even hold the door open for me. Treats me like a criminal. Oooops. My bad.

So that was my joyfull saturday morning. The kids loved the story time, after we went back to the gym for me to do what I thought would be an easy class : water aerobics. Yeahh right. Did you know you can totatly sweat inside a pool?? I can barerlly sit down to pee. But all in all we had a good day.

Also I used it as a lesson to Tyler. Because you know 500 million questions were asked ..why does baby have that toy?? YOu didnt pay for the toy? Is that why the man was mean to you?? Are you going to jail?? Is a police officer coming?? Will he have a gun?? Gun shoots people did you know that....blah blah blah blah blah.

God I miss an extra pair of hands..aka hubby...









On the way back, we made a pit stop at the gas station and saw this beautiful car that I am sure my husband would have loved it.



Made me miss him even more..sigh


Love A

No comments: