Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving :)






Today we celebrated our Thanksgiving. No we are not weird, from a different religion, or just dont like to follow tradition. The reason we celebrated today and not on Thursday was because my mom was at the hospital with some chest pains. Everything turned out to be okay and after a huge fight with my dad about when to eat (he said thursday night without mom, I said today with mom because thanksgiving is about family) you can see who won that argument right ;)

Everything held up good in the fridge. By the time she had gone to the hospital on Wednesday I had cooked the majority of everything and prepped the rest.

This year we had :

Turkey: courtesy of the Hone Baked Ham (I loved it and they will be providing turkey for us for many years to come. My kitchen is too small, no one likes dark meat, so this turned out perfectly. Maybe next year hubby will deep fry a turkey. I always wanted to try one)

Red mashed potatoes: I just learned this year to add sour cream to them. Kids and parents raved about it.

Homemade cranberry sauce: Pioneer woman provided this recipe. It was cranberries, pom juice and sugar. All on sauce pan until it boils. Absolutely delish and mom said from now on she will never eat the can kind with the rings again.

Green bean casserole: The kids chowing down on veggies and asking for seconds. What more can you ask for??

Stuffing: Cortesy of stove top in a box because I dont know how to make stuffing.

Paula Dean trifle: This one I picked because I dont like pumpkin pie. I switched her recipe from gingerbread cake to french vanilla because again I am not a fan of gingerbread. So good. Definetly going into the recipe book.

I also wanted to make a pumpkin cheesecake, but with only us and hubby not here, I could not trust myself to that much leftovers. Maybe for Christmas.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love A

No comments: