Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New color...maybe????

I am 29, 30 is right around the corner and I have never dyed my hair before. I have highlighted, dyed with Kool-Aid but never really dyed my hair like a grown up. I am in desperate need of a change considering I look the same since hs.

No more, I packed up Ju and to Walgreens we went. I looked at hundreds of colors and most of them were permanent. With fears of not liking it and considering this was my first time ever doing it, I decided to go with something that goes away in 28 washes.

My options were considerably less, but no way I was going to get out of there without a color. If I was going to do this it had to be done then and there or I would chicken out. So since my choices were blonde, black, or red-ish brown, I decided to go with red-ish brown.

After the kids were in bed, I sat on my vanity. I have a huge vanity but only one sink, how stupid is that?? Anyways, I took my clothes off and threw them on the floor, read the directions 5 times before starting, put on the gloves and went to work.

Lets just say there is spots all over my floor, mirror, toilet, sink, and my clothes that were on the floor are actually now soaking. Graceful I am not. Asides from that and the huge dark mark I have on my wrist, it was a success. Except it wasn't.

I still have all my hair, it doesnt smell funny or feel like straw, but I don't really notice the difference. Dont get me wrong there is a tint to it, but so not what I was expecting. Oh well it comes out in 28 washes and in 3 months I can do it again. I am thinking black next time. If you got to do something, do it major... :)

So even though I didnt get the results I wanted, I am extremely happy I did something I have never done before. That alone was worth the money and mess.




Love A

No comments: