Monday, July 25, 2011

This weekend we managed to acquire more than a tan ....

This weekend with temps in the triple digits we didn't do much. Saturday we went yard selling. I don't know if you are aware but there is an app for iphones/ipads called "yard sale treasure map". For free you get the address of all your local yard sales. With gas prices the way they are, no more driving around aimless.

I hit way more yard sales in a less period of time than I did before. Genius..pure genius!!

Now I din't go out looking for anything specific. I just wanted to get out of the house and kill some time. I did find a ton of bras. I don't know what is it with this time of year but I am guessing people buy new bras and decide its perfectly acceptable to try to sell their used ones. Newsflash people...ITS NOT. You don't want to throw them out, donate them to the goodwill but under no circumstances put them up for sale.

Anyways I found these beauties..:




They are not my style, I am more of a moderm person, but for $2 each. Yes you read that right..$2 each, I couldn't pass it up. There is a lot of things that for $2 it won't require me to think too long. Well except bras ;). Even 50 cents for those wouldn't make me give a second thought ;)

Anyways, when the lady told me the price, I had to stop myself from jumping up and down, throwing the money and her and peeing on it to make sure no one else grabbed. I politely said I would take them, they loaded them in my car and I left hapilly.

I have big plans for them. Maybe a bubble gum painting and make one reside in Julie't room and a dark blue painting and the other will reside in Tyler's room. Or maybe I will just put them outside or turn around and sell them for 10 times what I paid for. Who cares?? It was $4. I spend more on a trip to Dunkin Donuts.


The rest of the weekend were spent lazily floating around at my parents pool. All in all a good day :)





Love A

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love those end tables/night stands! Gorgeous!

Sundee said...

Great find! I love them. And guess who has a new app on her iphone? :)