Friday, November 11, 2011

The best pumpkin cheesecake yet..

Cheesecake can change your life.

You see, last night I was feeling kind of down. I don't know anyone around here yet, I am sick and tired of staying home, going to parks alone with the kids or going shopping. I am in desperate need of adult conversation and I am tired of doing it alone. 3weeks seems to drag, so I decided to bake.

I haven't baked in over a week because with the husband gone there is just no point. This is odd for me because I usually can't go 3 days without baking something. So yeah, I been that bad. Well baking was what I was going to do to lift my spirits and I did that and it worked.

I made the most amazing pumpkin cheesecake yet. Seriously, I have outdone myself and right after this cheesecake came out of the oven, while on facebook, I found a group of friends of ours from back at Hood that they are here. We are so excited and one of the mommy playgroups I joined accepted me and I have the first get together tomorrow, so my delicious cheesecake set everything in motion.

Give it try, it will change your life.


(I don't have a source because I mixed over 5 different recipes)


Crust:

1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers.
1/4 cup of sugar (I used a bit less because I don't like overly sweet crust)
1/3 cup butter melted


Bang really hard the graham crackers and let out some frustration or you can throw it in a food processor. I have lots of frustration to release, so I bang. Throw it in a bowl with the sugar, mix it, then throw in the melted butter. Press it into a ungreased pie plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes.


Pumpkin cheesecake:

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup of sour cream.
1 8oz can of pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon of rum
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch ground nutmeg


1st cream the cream cheese (if its room temp it will be easier), sugar and vanilla extract. Then add one egg at a time and continue on mixing it. Remove one cup of the batter, spread it on the crust and set aside. Add the sour cream and after that is mixed, turn your mixer off. Add the pumpkin puree, spices and rum. Mix it by hand only until its all incorporated. Don't over mix.
Spread the batter over the crust and bake it @ 325 for 35 to 45 minutes until the center is set. Let it cool and refrigerate for 3 hours. You can serve it with whip cream if desired.


That is it. Easy simple delicious and my first cheesecake that didn't crack and doesn't require a bath.


No comments: