Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The H20 issue

Every single day I say I am going to do better and every single day I fall, but since I am a sucker for "Vanilla Sky" and completely believed when Penelope told Mr Cruise: "every passing second is another chance to turn it all around", I continue on this path of trying and failing.

You see I am not a healthy person by any means. I try and try and some things stick, others just fall to the side. If I have the option of nacho loaded with cheese and a salad, I will pick the nachos. The same with the cocktail or the low calorie beer. I don't do it on purpose, I do it because the better tasting one is just better and at 30 years old, I am trying to find happiness everywhere. Some things I have been able to find respectable substitutes for , others not so much.

H20 is the biggest one I have a problem with. I know you are supposed to drink at least 64oz of water a day. At least 8 glasses. Its important, necessary for your body and to keep you alive. Yet I am incapable of doing it.

Things start off great : I am going to drink water tomorrow. I got this fancy new water bottle, and I am going to do good for myself.

I wake up, have my cup of coffee, fill my water bottle and start sipping it through out the day. By noon I realized I only had 3 sips because I left it by the wash machine earlier in the day, and how this diet coke can got in my hand is beyond me. I put the coke can in the fridge, go search for the water bottle, dump it down, refill it and chug it down because I still have 7 to go.

By 4pm I can't stand to look at water. I have downed 2 more water bottles, I got a nasty caffeine headache because I haven't had a diet coke, and I just want my diet coke so I start to make deals with myself...Chug one more water bottle and that will make it 4 for the day. Have your diet coke and then only drink water for the rest of the day.

Fair enough : I drink my diet coke, my body relaxes and I start to feel better, until I get to the end of the can and then start to feel bad again thinking about the last 4 glasses of water I still got to drink. Through my pain, I manage to chug down one more, run to the bathroom for the 70th time and decide never again will I drink water. This shit sucks and I don't like or care for it.

Then I feel bad , so I decide tomorrow I will do better. I head to Walmart and buy 20 different types of Crystal light and Arizona green tea packets in all kinds of flavors. That is it. This is what I need to accomplish this water drinking issue. I head to the cash register floating on a cloud. I found the answer to my riddle. I can do this.

I try one it tastes like ass, the 2nd is not better, the third one is doable, the 4th one tastes kind of good. Okay this will be it, tomorrow I will add to my water bottle and I will be able to drink water.

By tomorrow I have my cup of coffee, fill my water bottle with my delicious pomegranate tea mix and decide today I will be a water drinking woman. I am 30, its about time. Its an important change I need to make. I am a woman hear me roar, I am going to do this even if I have to drink 8 glasses of water 20 minutes before bedtime because, the only thing I have drank all day is ice coffee or diet coke. None of that matter. Every passing second is another chance to turn it all around, and I am going to try again in just a second, I am, I promise, right after I finish this diet coke!


Love A

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love some of the drink mixes.
Try Mio I swear by that stuff, you can control how much or how little you like the flavor :)
berry pomagrant is my fave

Katrina said...

First comment: I love Vanilla Sky! Doesn't Cameron Diaz's character freak you out just a tad bit, though? or is it just me?

Second comment: I can totally relate to the water-thing. I always have great intentions at the start of any day. I have my big jug of water with me at all times - until I forget it at home. Which is often. And then when I get home....I mean, what if you aren't thirsty? Forcing yourself to drink water when you aren't even thristy....is like...well, I'd rather change a poopy diaper. Yea, I would rather.

But water is SO good for you! for me! for everyone!

There should just be a PILL. That's right. A 64oz water pill. Wouldn't THAT be THE invention of the year? I can see the infomercial now....

"Hey guys! Tired of drinking glass after glass after glass of water, just to get the necessary H2O intake for good health?" > camera zooms in on the lady making a face while chugging her 16th glass of water < "Well, no need to get water-logged any longer! Introducing.... H2O.M.G.it'swater! - the super hydrating water pill. This small pill holds 64 ounces of water! That's right: just take one H2O.M.G. capsule in the morning and get your 64 ounces of water for the day, in one simple pill. Just listen to what people are saying! >camera cuts to video of people giving their testimonials<

Okay, you get the idea. What do you think? Would you buy this product? I think I would. Maybe I'm on to something here....

sanctimomious said...

I definitely don't think I could drink 8 glasses of pure water a day. I put pure lemon juice in mine (also, lemon juice v. good for you) and its fine. I do get how you feel, when I was pg with Lola and had low fluid, I had to drink 120ozs a day. By the end of the day I HATED water, it made me feel sick to just LOOK at. :(

I think its great you are trying though, thats what life is all about, love. xxx

Sundee said...

I find I drink more if I don't think about reaching a "goal". That way I can't fail and I don't fall into a hate spiral for not drinking enough. I do have two caffeinated drinks a day (coffee and a coke) and I am getting to the point where I prefer water. I always drink a glass of water with meals, that way I get at least two glasses out of the way with meals. And my food tastes better with just water.

Ally said...

I will try the Mio and the lemon juice and see. I have to make a goal or else I won't even try. I can go days without drinking water and its really bad :(

and Katrina you are right she completely freaked me out in that movie. Took me a while to be able to watch anything with her after that. Amazing talent. I love that movie so much and heck yeah you are onto something. I would totally buy a water pill. Patent quickly and I will be your first costumer :)